A Whole New Industry of Silver Wedding Rings Has Come Into Being

When preparing for a wedding day, both people are looking for those special bridal products that you won’t find anywhere else. Having a perfect idea of what you want can always brings relief. Choosing the wedding ring is most important because this piece of bridal jewelry signifies that the couple are devoted mates in all seasons. The type of metal you choose for your ring plays an important part in the look, cost as well as the durability of the ring.

While silver isn’t the traditional choice for a wedding ring, heaps of couples opt for silver. Silver wedding rings are highly valued by bridal couples because of their beauty and because silver is more affordable than the traditional gold wedding ring. Not only do many celebrities like Angelina Jolie and Victoria Beckham sport silver rings, by their wearing the jewelry, it has inspired some hot trends in wedding rings in silver.

Shaped and Formed to Add Uniqueness

Silver wedding bands can range in price from being fairly expensive to being very affordable. Depending on the width of the wedding band, an unadorned sterling wedding ring is very affordable while those embellished with precious gemstones can fetch a higher price.

There are bridal couples who opt for silver wedding rings because they have spent a lot of money on the wedding and prefer to have a wedding ring made from a metal which is significantly less than other precious metals. Sterling silver is easy to solder and form and being so malleable you can find a host of unique wedding bands. These rings have been crafted into an assortment of astonishing styles. The silver is also perfect for engraving dates, messages or names of the bride and groom onto the rings.

Silver Usually Combined with Other Metals

Pure silver is quite soft, so it is usually combined with other metals to produce a more durable product. There are different ways sterling silver can be treated to make it stronger and even more beautiful:

  • Rhodium plating as this makes the ring more durable. Rhodium plating also gives the silver ring that bright shiny look, but bear in mind that the plate wears off with time so always invest in a ring which has the right thickness of plating as this will avoid discoloration of the ring;
  • Silver wedding rings can also be treated with a process known as ‘flashing’ where the band is plated with a coat of 99.999% pure silver which gives the ring that extra vibrant luster;
  • By using palladium sterling silver you get a much sturdier ring. This is because sterling silver is only 92.5% pure silver and the other 7.5% is made up of a blend of palladium and copper. Because palladium is a member of the platinum family, it is strong and durable, making your palladium sterling silver far more sturdier and durable;
  • Sterling silver rings made up of high quality, genuine .925 sterling silver and cubic zirconia for instance are designed to last a long time and are carefully crafted to ensure the ring doesn’t lose it glamorous looks and keeps it sparkle.

Fine Silver Designed to Last a Lifetime

It is true that silver rings can tarnish so you want to take exceptional care of your precious ring. If you are going to be doing some heavy work like washing and cleaning with chemicals and detergents, rather remove your ring.

Silver wedding rings are master-crafted down to the smallest detail and if your wedding band is stamped with the acceptable quality marks for sterling silver like .925 or sterling you can be sure that your brilliant silver wedding band will be with you every step into the future.